This is by far one of my all-time faves!
I love this recipe! My sister came up with this a couple of weeks ago after trying out multiple different apple cake recipes from other people. She didn’t like it very much, so she changed up things until it became the most perfect apple cake recipe I ever tried. This is by far the most delicious apple cake I have ever eaten! It’s super easy to make and doesn’t require much planning or shopping for ingredients. If you are someone who bakes every now and then, I’m quite sure you’ll have everything you need right in your home. Let’s go!
I would love to see your creations! So please, don’t hesitate to tag me on Instagram or Facebook with @thegermanintrovert if you share your apple cake online!
- 4 EL (4 tablespoons) of milk (you can also use plant-based milk)
- 90 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 160 g (1 1/2 cups) flour (we often use coconut flour)
- 90 g (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 2 big apples
(Preheat the oven to 180 Celcius (350 F) fan-forced.)
- In a bigger mixing bowl, add butter, sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla sugar. Stir the ingredients with a hand mixer or a whisk very well.
- Add flour and baking soda shortly after. Use your hand mixer or whisk again to mix everything together to create a smooth paste. You will notice that the dough will get very sticky very quickly – that’s perfect! (You can always add a little bit of milk, if you notice that the dough is getting too dry.)
- Now slice the apples! Slice one apple into little pieces and the second one in bigger slices. The little pieces will go into the dough and the bigger ones on top for decoration purposes.
- Fill the dough mixture into your preferred prepared baking pan. Start with a thin layer of dough for the bottom, spread your small apple pieces over it and then add the second layer on top. Please, be gentle and don’t apply too much pressure while spreading the dough. (I know, it’s very sticky but it doesn’t have to be perfect!) Finish off with decorating the top with the bigger slices. Add a little cinnamon on top for a little bit of extra flavour!
- Put it into the oven and let it bake for about 35 minutes.
- Enjoy! (Eat it while it’s still warm. Traditionally it’s served with whipped cream or ice cream.)
I hope you will enjoy this apple cake recipe just as much as I do!
You enjoyed this recipe? I’m sure I have another you will LOVE! >> Check out my “apple cinnamon rolls” recipe – it’s super easy to make and SOOO delicious!